The Write Response™
Getting it R.I.G.H.T with your Emails
This workshop can be conducted face-to-face or virtually
With much of our communication moving into the virtual space, communicating via emails that are well organised, structured and impactful is critical.
Writing good emails takes effort, time and thought. Yet everyone seems to be moving faster – they want faster responses, faster solutions and faster agreements.
What is important is that we, as responders, need to get it RIGHT. And get it right, fast.
Our Reputation and Credibility depend on it.
People that choose this workshop include those who:
- Want to ace that response to a complaint from a customer and win them back
- Want to build rapport with your writing and create a loyal following of customers
- Want to build a reputation for emails that are clear, concise and on-point
- Want to be able to quickly and easily respond to any difficult email…Even ones with multiple issues to address
- Want to have a systematic approach to writing good emails in a shorter space of time
By the end of this workshop you will learn techniques that will:
• SAVE YOU TIME,
• BUILD YOUR CREDIBILITY and
• BUILD RELATIONSHIPS in the process
The Write Response™ is a 5-Step programme using the R.I.G.H.T system to respond with emails.
The system uses tried and tested techniques, that will get you confident writing again!
The R.I.G.H.T System
- READY to RECEIVE with the Right Mindset:
- The way you think and feel will affect the tone of your emails – so get ready to respond in a way that will build rapport – even with the most difficult emails
- IDENTIFY ISSUES:
- Use a technique to scan and identify explicit and implicit issues – addressing each can help you build trust, confidence and credibility – for yourself and your organisation
- GET it RIGHT with Language and Structure:
- Be clear about what you are saying and use the right tone
- Use language that breaks barriers and clears conflicts
- S.E.C.U.R.E. your content with a tried & tested format
- HIGHLIGHT ACTIONS & SOLUTIONS:
- People want to know what has been done, can be done
- What are the alternatives or options open to your reader
- When you have to say N.O.P.E.
- T.I.E IT UP WITH TRUST:
- Building in Empathy and Common Agreement
- Ending positively is ace-ing that email, will have your customers feeling positive about their experience
- Getting ready to RESPOND vs REACT to an Email Received
- T-F-A Communication Model
- Understand the way the brain processes data
- Being wary of scanning emails and making assumptions
- Consciously Holding Assumptions that Help
- Email Received – Now What?
- 3 Critical Steps
- The Difference between IMPLICIT and EXPLICIT issues
- Identifying and ranking them in order if importance to be addressed
- Anticipating emerging Issues
- Identifying Collaborating Partners
- Reading the Emotional State of Writer
- Taking cue on Communication Style
- This workshop is run over 2 full days.
- A 1-day version can be conducted for class size of 8 pax and less
- This workshop has been designed for a max group size of 16 pax
- Workshop Manual
- Template for E-mail writing
- Job Aids