Change Essentials - Our Iceberg is Melting!
Changing and Succeeding under Any Conditions
Organisations use CE to:
- Build Adaptability and implement changes – equip people to lead change – whether caused by external factors like changes in technology, competition, rules and regulations, or changes being made internally like mergers and acquisitions, changes in strategic direction, changes to processes or even restructuring
- Communicate for Buy-in – understanding different change styles and creating communication that appeals to the most no. of people
- Increase Resilience and Agility – skill people with the ability to bounce back from setbacks and take a new direction
Why YOU need this workshop:
- External factors or disruptive changes are creating an environment of uncertainty and you would like your team to manage change better
- You notice silo-thinking at work affecting business results and you need tools to help you change the culture – like the 8 Steps of SUCCESSFUL change
- You need change agents and change champions throughout the organisation, and you need to equip them to be change leaders
Forty years of research by leadership guru Dr. John Kotter have proven that 70% of all major change efforts in organizations FAIL because they do not address the People Side of Change. What creates or suppresses an organisations ability to change is the ability of its people to change. And in order for people to change, we need to engage both their hearts and their heads i.e. address and utilise their emotions as well as their capacity for logical thinking. Different people have different change styles and when an organization realises and addresses this, change can be created faster, more effectively and more holistically.
By following the 8-Step Process outlined by Dr. Kotter, created based on his research across the world and of Fortune 500 companies, organizations can avoid failure and become adept at change – an ability that is vital in today’s world of constant change.
The workshop is facilitated utilising the international bestseller Our Iceberg is Melting. Our Iceberg Is Melting spins a global warming fable or business parable about Antarctic penguins to delineate strategies that any corporate community can use to survive and thrive in a changing business environment
- Learn to apply Kotter’s 8-step process for successful change in your organization. Greater efficiency and a successful change effort means that the organization will save all the human and capital costs of a failed change effort.
- Learn the steps to create ‘Leaders at all Levels’. The success of businesses today is characterized by leaders at all levels who take action when they see something that needs to be done. Having Leaders at all Levels enables businesses to be more adaptable to the constantly changing business environment.
- Learn the art of Getting Things Done! – Through others at all levels who seize opportunities and take initiative. Create a sense of Urgency around needed changes. Identify and remove obstacles that prevent people from taking action.
Develop Communication plans and key messages that generate buy-in.
- Understand the need for Change and WHY 70% of all Change efforts fail
- Learn the subtle intricacies of Our Iceberg is Melting – the book and relate it to work life
- Learn Kotter International’s 8-Step Process for Leading Change
- Create a Sense of Urgency
- Build a Guiding Coalition
- Form a Strategic Vision and Initiatives
- Enlist a Volunteer Army
- Enable Action by Removing Barriers
- Generate Short-term wins
- Sustain Acceleration
- Institutionalize Change
- Practice the 4 Change Leadership Principles
- Become aware of your own Change style and that of others and How to Communicate for Buy-In
- Learn how to raise the sense of urgency around your needed change so that it gets enough attention and action is taken
- Create a Team and Individual Action Plan that will keep you focused on how to achieve this change.
Who should attend:
- Anyone in a LEADERSHIP role (Senior Managers, Managers, Leaders, Supervisors) who needs to guide a team through a change
- Change agents and Change leaders within the organisation
- This workshop is run over 2 full days.
- 1-day version can be conducted with reduced course content and an extended day (9.00a.m. to 6.00p.m.)
- Ideal Workshop size: 15-20 pax
FRANCHISED Workshop materials
All participants will receive:
- Their own copy of the book ‘Our Iceberg is Melting’.
- OriginalParticipant Workbook from Kotter International
- Original Participant Toolkit from Kotter International
- Action plan
- A surprise gift
Pre & Post Workshop
All participants will need to complete pre-work. This should take between 20-30 mins.
Post-workshop, participants will receive 3-weeks of Email support through followup emails that will include pointers on how to apply the TOOLS learnt for continued application in the real world